The TRONDHEIM INTERNATIONAL IMPRO FESTIVAL is Trondheim’s first ever large scale impro festival! Between August 28th and September 4th we’re filling the city with shows, workshops and other activites. Head over to trondheimimprofest.com
for more information and tickets!
// THE BECHDEL TEST with Lisa Rowland
This workshop, based on the performance format of the same name, seeks to create fully fleshed out and complex female characters, exploring the sides of a person that we rarely get to explore. What does it mean to play a character with so many nuances? How can we play boldly and still in service and support of another character’s story? What happens when we examine the traditional norms and stereotypes about women in stories and start to push against them? Come join the Bechdel Test workshop and play with these themes and ideas. Workshop open to both men and women!
// ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Lisa is a lecturer at Stanford University in the Theatre Department, teaching the very class that put her on the path of improvisation. Compelled to pass on the joys of improvisation, Lisa began teaching as part of her experience with the Stanford Improvisors, and continued as a member of the faculty of the BATS School of Improv. She has traveled around the country and world, teaching in America, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Mexico and as a two-time guest instructor at the International Impro Festival in Würzburg, Germany. Lisa teaches privately in the Bay Area and was a high school improv coach.
// PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Dates and times:
– Thursday September 1st, 10:00 to 13:00
– Friday September 2nd, 10:00 to 13:00 & 14:00 to 17:00
– 9 hours
– Klubben, Kultursenteret ISAK. Prinsens gt. 44, 7011 Trondheim.
– Please meet outside the entrance of Trykkeriet Scene 15 minutes before the workshop starts, and our volunteers will show you to the venue
– As for now spots in the workshop can only secured by purchasing a full festival pass. A festival pass will give you access to five full days of workshops, every single show, and much for throughout the whole week.
– Individual workshop passes will be published closer to the start of the festival.
– It’s a good idea to bring a water bottle and dress in comfortable clothes which allow you to move freely. Some of the workshops spaces might get a bit chilly, so it’s also a good idea to bring a sweater.
– Further information will be sent out to all registered participants via email before the workshop.