The TRONDHEIM INTERNATIONAL IMPRO FESTIVAL is Trondheim’s first ever large scale impro festival! Between August 28th and September 4th we’re filling the city with shows, workshops and other activites. Head over to trondheimimprofest.com
for more information and tickets!
// IMPROVISING MUSICALS with Robert Weitz
When words are not enough, the musical artist breaks out into song. And if the feelings are too great, it becomes dance.
Welcome to the world of musicals. In this introduction to musical improvisation, we go through different approaches to what creates emotions and how you can generate them in scenes. And then we sing, of course, out of tune, badly and confident.
// ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Robert Weitz is director, improviser and general handyman at Improvisation & Co, which he founded in 1996. He started improvising in 1989, and since then he has taught, learned and improvised his way across the world. In 2014, his improvised show “Chocolate” won high praise at the Chicago Improv Festival, and his recent endeavors are focused on what he calls “Chaos Impro” – a branch of impro where every impulse is followed, every idea is equally valuable, and where the creative juices are allowed to flow completely unrestricted!
// PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Dates and times:
– Wednesday August 31st, 10:00 to 13:00 & 14:00 to 17:00
– 6 hours
– Klubben, Kultursenteret ISAK. Prinsens gt. 44, 7011 Trondheim.
– Please meet outside the entrance of Trykkeriet Scene 15 minutes before the workshop starts, and our volunteers will show you to the venue
– As for now spots in the workshop can only secured by purchasing a full festival pass. A festival pass will give you access to five full days of workshops, every single show, and much for throughout the whole week.
– Individual workshop passes will be published closer to the start of the festival.
– It’s a good idea to bring a water bottle and dress in comfortable clothes which allow you to move freely. Some of the workshops spaces might get a bit chilly, so it’s also a good idea to bring a sweater.
– Further information will be sent out to all registered participants via email before the workshop.